Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Amanda Mayrhofer

Amanda Mayrhofer in the studio, October 2010.

I am an artist who draws inspiration from the natural environment.  I work with a range of mediums from photography, painting and drawing with pastels and charcoals.  I am currently working on a series that explores the colours and forms found in flora.  The artists that have influenced my works are Tim Maguire and Georgia O' Keefe.  I have also been using macro photography to reveal the  secret little “hidden gems” found hiding in flowers and to capture these images and reproduce them further as  paintings and drawings.

This is a link is to an exhbition that I was involved in with Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewers Bequest.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsifineart/sets/72157624170320971/

No comments:

Post a Comment