Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Brenda Maccioni

Brenda Maccioni in the studio with work in progress for the Tap Gallery exhibition

.

I have drawn and painted since I was a child. There have been many influences in my life.  Most influential are my mother and grandmother.  They passed down to me the love of handicrafts.  I have used fabrics from these crafts in my artwork, mainly hessian, calico, cheesecloth, prints, and tapa. By using these fabrics, fibres and prints as symbols, I hope to make people aware of their own memories and the importance of teaching the next generation some of the skills involved in using these materials. Whether it be in drawing and painting, embroidery, printmaking, rugmaking or sewing.

I am interested in the structure of composition, expressing emotions through the use of mark making and placement of colour and materials to develop a personal style of visual language which will continue to evolve.

This is a set from an exhibition I was involved in with other Advanced Diploma students, at Penrith Regional Gallery and The Lewers Bequest
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsifineart/sets/72157624170320971/

These photo's are works in progress from my work this year at Tafe, Western Sydney Institute, Nepean College, Kingswood
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brendamaccioni

No comments:

Post a Comment