Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Phillip J. Murray

Phillip J. Murray with work in progress, October 2010.

The prints I have made in 2010 are about the world and its histories. Each of the places I have depicted have some sort of saying attached to them, and I have tried to use had a little bit of humour in each one where the sayings have double meanings . My preferred medium is the lino cut. I like the activity of carving. Initially it may seem to be crude, but I find it a very relaxing and challenging technique. I love the experience of starting with a blank lino, and bringing out the image I have in my head. I cut directly into the plate rather than planning the image meticulously. This allows for spontaneous marks/figures from which the compositions growthe following site has some of my art from an exhibition at The Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewers Bequest http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsifineart/sets/72157624170320971/http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsifineart/sets/72157624249726173/





No comments:

Post a Comment